Google+  with milk and sugar blog: You've Got Mail {w/ life}

Friday, February 14, 2014

You've Got Mail {w/ life}

via
I like to start my notes to you as if we're already in the 
middle of a conversation. I pretend that we're the oldest and 
dearest friends -- as opposed to what we actually are, people 
who don't know each other's names and met in an "Over 30" 
chat room where we both claimed we'd never been before. 

What will NY152 say today, I wonder. I turn on my computer, 
I wait impatiently as it boots up. I go on line, and my breath catches 
in my chest until I hear three little words: You've got mail. 
I hear nothing, not even a sound on the streets of New York, 
just the beat of my own heart. I have mail. From you.

This movie always makes me feel happy. Like a silly, can’t stop smiling, heart is filled with sunshine kind of happiness. I’m not sure what I love most about it – the characters with such relatable zane and quirk, the internal monologues that they share with each other as messages typed onto a screen, or the way they challenge each other and relate in such a deep way without even realizing it. Or maybe it's the way they meet in the end and Meg Ryan's character says:

I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly. 

I think it's a sweet love story of passion, whimsy and unexpected compatibility.

It's a common theme in fictional love - two people from different worlds meet and fall in love, often despite their own best instincts.

While it's heartwarming to think about, read in books or watch on screen, I'll take my simple, uncomplicated love any day. We may not have had any major obstacles to overcome, differences to settle, or feuding families to appease (read: Montagues and Capulets). But we have a love that's honest and real. One that's about commitment, communication, laughter and joy.

After eight Valentine's Days together, he's still the only one I want to BE MINE.

P.S. Have you gone to Google today? The sweet video clips should bring a smile to your face.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...