Google+  with milk and sugar blog: New Glasses {w/ reviews}

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

New Glasses {w/ reviews}

hello friends. hope you are having a fantastic start to your week.

***

Lately, I have been obsessed with my new computer glasses. I've always loved the look of glasses. I would even wear my reading glasses around the dorm halls because, let's be honest, when you're makeup-less and have bed head, you need some cute glasses to help pull the look together, even if they make anything more than three feet away a bit blurry.

But lately, I've actually been needing new glasses (not just for the fashion appeal). Sitting at a computer 8+ hours a day, my eyes ache by the time I head home. Plus, there is a wicked glare on my screen from the sun.

Amazing view from my desk = horrible glare on the screen

So, I set out for an updated prescription. I went to the optometrist and got my new prescription   I looked at the frames at the office, but wasn't too impressed. Plus I knew that all the cute ones would be $300+ and my insurance would only cover part of it.

So, I ventured out. I decided to buy glasses... online. With so many new companies offering high quality frames and lenses for less than $100, it was hard to resist. The hubby tried to talk me out of it. As someone who's worn glasses/contacts his whole life, he knows how hard it can be to find the right pair. But, I happened to stumble upon a website that has a free trial. I was skeptical, but figured even if I had to pay for shipping, it would be worth it since the glasses were so much cheaper than at the doctor's office. Turns out, the free trial... it's actually FREE.



The company I went through is WarbyParker. So here was the deal, I picked out 5 frames that I liked and they sent them to me (2-Day UPS) and gave me 5 days to try them on. Then I shipped them back with the prepaid label. It was as simple as that. They had my credit card on file though, just in case I was of questionable character.

I fell in love with 2 pairs, the Miles and the Sims.

Miles
Sims
In the end I decided on the Sims (still love the Miles though). The order process was simple and very user friendly. A week later this came in the mail...



Don't you love the packaging? 




I am so happy with them! Plus for every pair of eye glasses bought, Warby Parker provides a pair to someone in need. That means your purchase of trendy new glasses is actually helping someone who would otherwise not be able to see clearly.


casual.


or dressy.
So, if you're in the market for new glasses, I hope this helps. 

***disclaimer*** This post is in no way sponsored or endorsed by Warby Parker. All opinions expressed here are completely my own.




4 comments:

  1. They look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You look so cute in your glasses... love the dressy look!

      Delete
  2. You look so cute! And I totally walked around Chappy (aww) wearing glasses too when I felt less than par :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the glasses,
    and yes, they look great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...