Google+  with milk and sugar blog: Little Cakes {w/ San Diego}

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Little Cakes {w/ San Diego}

Anyone else out there addicted to Food Network's Cupcake Wars? I'm slightly obsessed. I love seeing what unusual ingredients are thrown their way in the taste challenge and how the theme of each show comes to life in fondant decorations and massive cupcake displays.

It was especially fun to see a local (very local) cupcakery take the cake on an episode that aired a few months ago.
Little Cakes Cupcake Kitchen is a boutique bakery in sunny Vista, CA. I remember visiting them a few years ago when they first opened and being wowed by the home-y feel of the kitchen style atmosphere. I've been back a few times since, not too often though since I prefer to make my own cupcakes (see here and here).

Once I saw my hometown cupcakery take the prize on Cupcake Wars I knew I needed to stop by again.


Steven and I had a coffee and cupcake date a few weeks ago.
On Mondays Little Cakes has a "happy hour" with buy one get one free.


 I selected a blueberry lemon cake and Steven had chocolate with chocolate ganache.
They were delicious!



It was a perfect way to end a Monday and start the week.
What is your favorite cupcake flavor?










4 comments:

  1. Yum....blueberry lemon. Sounds delicious. Its so fun to see local shops on TV. Lucky girl to be so close to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. I am a new follower. Love your blog and your recipes. I am a carrot cake kind of girl, but the lemon looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for following. I will be sure to feature carrot cake soon as that's my husband's favorite too.

      Delete
  3. Love that show! And now I'm craving cupcakes... :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...