Google+  with milk and sugar blog: greek yogurt & almond butter breakfast {w/ recipes}

Monday, June 10, 2013

greek yogurt & almond butter breakfast {w/ recipes}



It all started in high school. You see, until then I had never thought of yogurt as a breakfast food. Strange, I know. Yogurt was always a lunch item in my house, but high school sleepovers at my friend Amanda's house introduced me to yogurt and granola - one of the best breakfast combinations ever (and I LOVE breakfast).

Then came Greek yogurt. Thick, creamy and slightly tangy. At first I was sure I was eating sour cream. But all the labels said it was of the trendy and nutritious, Mediterranean cultured variety.


Fast forward to April 2013. Two friends and I are visiting Amanda in New York, where she makes an amazing, protein packed breakfast to energize us for the day. Whatever is good, whatever is healthy, add it to yogurt and granola and you are ready to go!



Greek Yogurt & Almond Butter 
w/ fruit and granola

Greek yogurt
chunky almond butter
fresh fruit (bananas or strawberries)
chia seeds
granola
honey (optional)


1. Mix Greek yogurt and almond butter until combined.
2. Add desired amount of chia seeds and honey, mixing together.
3. Top with granola and fresh fruit.

This easy breakfast is hearty and full of protein to fuel you through your day. Enjoy! 

5 comments:

  1. Oooh I must try this! I LOVE greek yogurt with granola...ahh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never thought of yogurt as a lunch item, it was always breakfast for me and when I first tried greek yogurt I didnt' like it at first because it was different than what I was used to but now it is all I eat. and you are right yogurt and granola is the best breakfast combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YuM!!!!!!! I've always wanted to try chia seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good! I'm always looking for ways to switch up my breakfast :) Plus almond butter and chia seeds? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...