Google+  with milk and sugar blog: my baking obsession {w/ cupcakes}

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

my baking obsession {w/ cupcakes}


So, I kind of have a thing for cupcakes. You can find the evidence here

I can't help it - they're easy to make, simple to decorate, and no plate or fork necessary. 




I made these the other month for a baby shower at work.  
Mom and Dad met at my work, got married, and now have a baby! 
And, he was born 12-12-12. How perfect is that? 

I decided to make chocolate cupcakes with a salted caramel butter cream frosting. Simple really, just added a tablespoon or two of Trader Joe's Salted Caramel to my butter cream frosting. {butter cream frosting recipe here}


Then came the fun part: decorating

I made these fondant toppers a week or two ahead so they could firm up a bit. 

Fondant is actually pretty easy to work with. Just roll it out, 
using either powdered sugar or corn starch to keep it from sticking, 
and use cookie cutters to get the shapes you want. 


I used some texture tiles to make the onesie have a weave pattern. 
And outlined the other to give it a stitched effect. 

In short, just play with it and have fun!




4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I'm impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely adorable...I love the onesies =) And salted caramel butter cream frosting??? Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cupcakes. These look so cute! I love the toppers, I attempted hello kitty toppers a few yrs ago. I am inspired to try making these for my friend's baby shower.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...