Google+  with milk and sugar blog: New York Eats {w/ travel}

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New York Eats {w/ travel}

According to USA Today, there are more than 3500 restaurants in Manhattan. Allow me to share some of the amazing ones I visited, in what I am calling, A Very Incomplete Guide to NYC Eateries 

Part I

Keste
Like many restaurants in Manhattan, Keste is a physically small restaurant with big flavors. This Neopolitan pizzeria also has incredible service - the host brought out a hot "pie" for us to sample while we waited for a table.

ate: the Margherita and Kesté pizzas, wine.

Alice's Tea Cup
In case you don't know, I have a thing for tea. My blog's name? It's the way I take my tea, with milk and a little sugar. I love everything about tea, especially tea parties. Alice's Tea Cup, a quaint tea shop and restaurant, did not disappoint.

ate: Alice's tea, Vanilla Almond tea, chocolate walnut scones, mixed berry scones, ham and cheese scones, Croque Monsieur sandwich, smoked chicken breast sandwich with granny smith apples and herbed goat cheese {<-- I will be replicating this someday soon}.



The Loeb Central Park Boathouse
A New York tradition, the Boathouse sits on the water's edge in Central Park. When we arrived the bar and restaurant were closing early for a private event, but we quickly ordered at the to-go station and sat outside, sipping Chardonnay while watching the boats on the lake.

drank: a California wine (oh, the irony!)



2 comments:

  1. Alice's Tea Cup looks/sounds so charming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tea stop sounds soooo delicious...it really is making me want a nice cup of tea tonight =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...