Google+  with milk and sugar blog: Saturday Morning Breakfast

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Saturday Morning Breakfast

hello friends. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. When I started this blog I made it a personal goal / requirement to post at least once a week. I figured that would be realistic, given my other commitments. But look at me, one month into blogging and I'm already falling behind. Whatever my excuses (busy weekends,  work, poor weather) they don't really matter. So here I am back to the blog.

So often I find myself cooking the same meals, week in and week out. And while I have no complaints from the husband (he would be happy to eat California burritos 5 times a week), I love to try new things and get out of my comfort zone. So I've resolved to try new recipes, and new crafts for that matter. I will be calling it "Pinned it & Did it". 

So here is my first for this series. I saw the recipe this morning while laying in bed, "pinning" on the iPad. It was simple and I already had the ingredients, so I did it. 


These Baked Eggs and Prosciutto Cups are so delicious and very easy. I imagine they'd be perfect when you have a lot of mouths to feed, but also worked wonderfully for the husband and me. I used spinach instead of leeks and cheddar, and was very happy with the result. For husband's I scrambled the eggs (since he's not much of a soft yoke person) and added a Mexican blend cheese. He added Cholulu hot sauce to spice them up a bit. 

Here was my Saturday morning breakfast: baked eggs in prosciutto cups with fresh organic spinach, rye toast with plenty of butter, plain Greek yogurt with blueberries and a bit of agave syrup, and English Breakfast tea. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...